Headteacher Update 29 January 2021
Dear Parent / Carer
I know that we are all constantly receiving new information and I am trying not to send out too many letters. However, following the Government’s announcement this week I just wanted to make sure everyone was as up to date as possible. As you will have heard, the earliest that schools will come back is now 8th March and it could be even later! So it is really important that everyone is successfully able to access their home learning and has everything that they need to support their children.
We have been really pleased to see so many children accessing their remote learning and I have been very encouraged by so many positive comments. The amount of work coming in has been brilliant and we have really enjoyed seeing all the children on Zoom. We have now given out over 70 laptops and many 4G routers; we are hoping that ALL children are now able to access home learning online. If you are still having problems, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help. We are also trying to phone home on a weekly basis if we have not received any work from your children.
We have all been learning and adapting as the pandemic continues so I would just like to remind you of all the options that you have for learning at home:
· All school work is updated every week and Learning at Home grids can be found on the school’s website, along with all the worksheets and activities
· The school can print off all Learning at Home packs – please just ask
· Any paper copies of work can be sent into school and will be marked by the teachers and returned to you
· The Seesaw Learning Platform is set up and children can complete their work on this – it is marked daily by the teachers and the children can respond
· There continues to be plenty of activities on Purple Mash
· Mathletics is available for children in Year 2 and above
· We have two lessons / catch up sessions per week live over Zoom - you are sent the log in details the day before (Please make sure your camera is on and your child’s name is visible)
· There are at least two lessons and stories recorded on our YouTube channel for each year group every week
· Assemblies are on our YouTube channel and on our website, including Achievement Assembly every Monday
· We are still able to provide you with a laptop and a 4G router if you need one
· We can also supply any stationery and equipment that you may need to complete activities at home
Remember, you are doing a brilliant job in very difficult circumstances! If we can help you in any way, please just ask.